Birth-Worker Sharing Circle: Mentorship and Support for Doulas
Next Meeting Sunday September 30th @ 3:30 PM
As birth workers we are always reminding our clients and colleagues about the importance of self-care. Yet, we scramble to find time to meet up with other professionals and rarely take time for focused personal and professional development. While our individual experiences may be unique, we all need to be nurtured and in turn have wisdom to share and certainly birth stories to process. This structured sharing and consistent peer to peer support is what you can expect at the monthly Birth-Worker Sharing Circle. We intend to create an atmosphere of true nurturing and mentorship for the special doulas in our community.
If you’re new to birth work, think of this as group as your incubator. More seasoned in birth-work or maternal mental health? The monthly circle will be a place to process the cases that challenge us most and share the birth stories that deeply impact our passion and sustainability in our field. We will also provide opportunity to share practical tips for birth work as we explore our experiences.
A few goals for this sharing circle are:
- Discover a structured support community for professional supervision and business mentorship
- Process childbirth experiences in an safe and ethical format using a creative arts based supervision process. Music, art, movement, journaling and even fabric and paper crafting techniques will be available to guide our sharing.
- Find resources for support and growth in your personal practice
- Explore and release what may be holding you back from growing your business
- Envision and plan for growth in your birth business
- Discover new motivation and inspiration in your passion as a birth worker
What else do you need to know?
The group will meet on the last Sunday of every month from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Cost is $12.00 per session. Sessions are held at ohmMother Yoga and facilitated by Kate Taylor of Creative Childbirth Concepts. Please reserve your spot below, advance registration is required. Thank you!