Creative Childbirth Series
Pregnancy is an exciting time in your life, unlike any other season you may find yourself. There is so much to celebrate, but also so much to learn. It can be overwhelming trying to navigate all the different areas of pregnancy, motherhood and of course - childbirth. Kate Taylor of Creative Childbirth Concepts has created a one of a kind, childbirth education series for expecting women and their support partners. Keep reading to learn more about each workshop in the series and reserve your space in this special, personalized experience.
The Creative Childbirth Series will meet on Sundays from 2:30 - 5:00 PM at ohmMother Yoga and is for one expecting mother plus one support partner: spouse, parent, sibling, coach or doula
Childbirth 101 - Sunday March 4th
- An introduction to all things birth
- Led by an experienced doula to answer all of your questions
- Whether you've experienced birth before or this is your first time, everyone will leave with new creative concepts for childbirth
Vision Boards for Birth - Sunday March 18th
- Learn how imagery and visualization can be powerful tools for relaxation during birth
- Discover what type of imagery works for you
- Experiment with your partner guiding your imagery to music
- Engage in a visioning process to create your birth plan and a unique vision board for birth
- Create a one of a kind watercolor for your baby
Vocalization, Breath and Music for Birth - Sunday April 8th
- Learn about the most productive ways to use your voice in labor and delivery
- Explore how the sounds you make might change from early labor to transition
- Discover ways to use your voice to gently encourage and welcome your baby
- Choose a chant or music style you want to use during labor
- Practice powerful combinations of breathing and vocalizations paired with music and movement to help ease pain during delivery
- Begin creating a playlist for your birth
- Connect with your partner and find ways to labor longer using music as a comfort measure for delivery.
Beautiful Birth Banners - Sunday April 15th
- Discover a meaningful set of phrases that will encourage and empower you during birth
- Create a banner of your empowerment phrases
- Work together with other expectant parents and their partners to create a banner that serves to support your birth experience
- Participants will leave with a custom made flag banner focused on empowerment phrases for birth that are unique to their family
- Perfect size and sentiment for a home or hospital birth.
- Open to loved ones of expectant families to create a banner as a gift or shower decoration
Movement Based Birthing Positions - Sunday April 29th
- Practice proven beneficial positions and read case examples of their use
- Learn about props you may find in your birthing environment and how to use them
- Engage all your senses to enhance your birth environment to support ease of labor
- Discuss labor management techniques used in hospitals, birthing centers and home births
- Find evidence of what will work for you during delivery
A Blessingway for Birth - Sunday May 13th
- Experience a ceremonial candle lighting
- Participate in a symbolic activity to connect you as a birthing community
- Choose from several creative resources to use during your birth
- Create something personalized to display at your birth
- Bond with your baby and support partner before labor begins in this special night of community and empowerment
- This small group will run for two hours as a ceremonial social activity for all families who attended the entire series.
- Group and family bonding activities will focus on a creative arts process.
- Come and experience the beauty of bonding with your baby as reach the final steps of your birth preparation.
Attend all the events in the series, or just one! With different prices and packaging you can choose what works best for your needs.
- Individual Workshop - $40
- Package of Three Workshops - $100
- Full Series of Six Workshops - $180
- Deluxe Package - $200 for the Full Series plus three yoga class credits for any of the regular weekly scheduled classes at ohmMother Yoga
Purchase your pass to an individual workshop OR your package to attend three or all six workshops below. If you would like to purchase two individual workshops you will need to make two separate transactions. If you are purchasing the Package of Three Workshops please email studio@ohmMotherYoga.com to let us know which three you would like to attend. Thank you and please contact us with any questions!