Prenatal Core Workshop
Rescheduled for Saturday September 23rd
11 AM - 1 PM
Core work is not only for rehabbing your tummy after you’ve had a baby, it’s important for you (and baby!) while you are pregnant!
Just as in Postpartum Core Rehab we find, strengthen and learn to use our abdominal muscles in everything we do – it’s no different when you are pregnant – sometimes even more vital!
In this class we will learn:
- Anatomy of the abdominals
- The role of the transverse abdominis muscle in pregnancy
- What is diastasis recti?
- How can diastasis affect not only your pregnancy, but also your labor and delivery
- What is your core?
- The importance of core strength during pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Splinting during pregnancy* – When, why and how. Differences between our splints and other binders.
We will also learn exercises to strengthen your abs to...
- Hold baby up and in optimal fetal alignment prenatally
- Prevent any diastasis from growing larger
- Help your tummy not stretch into that “torpedo” shape
- Help with back, SI, and pelvic pain
*Cheryl will also have her Tummy Team designed splints available for fitting and purchase.